Sunday 13 April 2008

A Further Update

I thought it was time, once again, that I offered the following update. I can now report the following changes.


Negative:
  • The fatigue continues ... but is no worse.
  • The hot flushes continue.
  • Shortness of breath continues.
  • Head and Chest cold for two weeks - just beginning to clear.
  • Cognitive Impairment conitunes to plague me!
  • Confusion loves to play with 'cognitive impairment' - at my expense!
  • Memory loss has continued - enjoying frolicking with the above two!


Positive:


  • Night-time urinations have finally reached acceptable numbers [1-2 per night].
  • Sleep has improved as a result of the decrease in night-time 'pitstops'.
  • Bowel movements are returning to normal.
  • Sinus has finally abated.
  • I have finally begun to lose weight - 2.5 kgs!

Now apart from the above, I can also report that I have been experimenting with a number of products that [if correctly used] can help to increase strength and well-being; albeit temporarily.
  • I have recently tried Berocca - available without a prescription.
I have noticed some general improvement in strength levels as a result. Berocca aids in releasing the maximum amount of energy available from the food you eat. Therefore it is very important to follow a well balanced and nutritious diet.
  • I have also been taking a commercially available 'high protein' energy drink as a breakfast supplement.
This I have noticed considerably boosts my energy level for a good start to the day!
  • I also chomp on 3 or more Glucodin tablets daily.

The addition of these products, I should add here, has not only given me more energy [at times] but has also improved my diet.

I should also add, that I have been careful NOT to overdo ... just because I was feeling a little more 'normal'. I use these products, more for an improve sense of well-being; rather than an aid to 'doing more'.


While it is important to exercise sufficiently each day to stave off bone thinning and muscle atrophy; it is also important to allow your body sufficient rest each in regard to the Radiation Therapy.

No comments: