Sunday 22 June 2008

June Update

I thought it was time, once again, that I offered the following update. I can now report the following changes.


Changes:
  • The fatigue continues ... but is somewhat improved because the Radiation Therapy has ceased, added to this, I am no longer working, as we are flying out to our new home in Chile on 26th June!!
  • The hot flushes continue but with much less frequency and duration; thanks to the Androcur.
  • Shortness of breath continues but is improved - see point 1 above.

  • Night urinations have decreased to 2 or 3 per night!!

  • Sleeplessness has decreased as a result of the above!

  • Tiredness has also decreased because of the above!
  • Sensitive skin (under the armpits) continues but is not troublesome.

  • Hair loss - chest, stomach, under the armpits - continues but is not a problem.

  • Breast (nipple) soreness and sensitivity almost gone due to Radiation Treatment (x3).
  • Cognitive Impairment continues to improve; largely because I am forcing my brain to remember even small details - the old addage applies here - use it or lose it!!
  • Confusion rarely becomes a problem, because of the above strategy.
  • Memory loss has eased considerably - again because of the above strategy!


Unchanged:

  • My attitude remains positive!
  • Bowel movements remain good.
  • I have maintained a weight loss of 2.5 kgs!

Now apart from the above, I can also report continued success with the use of a number of products that have helped to increase my strength and well-being.
  • Berocca - available without a prescription.
I have noticed some general improvement in strength levels as a result. Berocca aids in releasing the maximum amount of energy available from the food you eat. Therefore it is very important to follow a well balanced and nutritious diet.
  • 'High protein' energy drink as a breakfast supplement.
This I have noticed considerably boosts my energy level for a good start to the day!
  • I also chomp on 3 or more Glucodin tablets daily.

The addition of these products has not only given me more energy at times but has also resulted in an improved diet.

I should also add, that I have been careful NOT to overdo ... just because I was feeling a little more 'normal'. I use these products, more for an improved sense of well-being; rather than an aid to 'doing more'.


While it is important to exercise sufficiently each day to stave off bone thinning and muscle atrophy; it is also important to allow your body sufficient rest each in regard to the Radiation Therapy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your undesirable side effects are decreasing.
Both happy and a little sad to hear that you and Aunty Margaret have left the county.

I've left my job in the Environmental Lab. and I'm studying Fitness and spending more time at home.
My health has been a little less than satisfactory, and I'm in the process of trying to get to the bottom of an enlarged lymph node on my neck that hasn't disappeared after six months! I have my father's fretful nature and ofcourse I'm thinking the worst, but I'm sure it's nothing and I'll keep you posted.

Please post some piccies of Chile when you're settled.

x Kathy