Wednesday 26 March 2008

Update

I thought it was high time that I offered the following update. Since changing my 'anti-androgen' medication, from Anandron to Androcur - as reported last post. I can now report the following changes.

Negative:
  • The fatigue continues ... but is no worse.

  • The hot flushes continue but could actually abate - see below.

  • Puffy eyelids - this could be associated with a sinus condition of late.

Positive:

  • The 'dry mouth' has ceased.

  • The photo-sensitivity has ceased!

  • The nausea has ceased.

  • Androcur is often used to treat 'hot flushes' - a possible bonus.
As of 3 days ago, the Androcur was reduced by 50%, to the standard dose.


Radiation Therapy

I was due to start my 8 weeks of Radiation Therapy earlier this week; but received a phone call the afternoon beforehand to say that the procedure was to be set back by 2 days.

Apparently my 'treatment team' were not yet satisifed that they had achieved the optimum computer model to provide me with the best possible treatment regime and therefore best chance of a positive outcome.

Although I was a little disappointed with this outcome, I knew it was for the best.

Patience has never been my 'strong suit'!

No comments: