Sunday 30 September 2007

Time to Kill

Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain an appointment to see a local Urologist for a little over 3 weeks. This meant that we would need to live in a state of suspense until then.

In the meantime, I decided to set about researching the topic of Prostate Cancer and the various ‘therapies’ that were available in Australia and found that these were very much dependent upon a whole range of variables.

I also researched the various tests most often conducted when assessing a patients’ needs in regard to Prostate Cancer and possible treatment options.

At first, I must admit, I was a little overwhelmed at the complexity of this condition and the wide range of treatment options. Slowly however, I began to become familiar with the disease that had invaded my world; even down to understanding many of the medical terms and their significance.

I soon found that I was not content to research 'basic' information, I had soon graduated to studying medical journal articles. This information proved invaluable when (later) I was able to discuss my condition and preferred options with my Urologist in far greater detail.

No comments: