Monday 31 March 2008

A TOUGH Day!

Soon after leaving the Oncology Department today, I experienced a profound sense of dizziness! So profound, I had to ask my wife to drive, as I had also begun experiencing difficulties in regard to balance.

This, could be caused by the Androcur - a recognised side effect - although I would have thought it too soon, having just recently begun Androcur.

Secondly, the culprit could be my own male ego!
Immediately after leaving the treatment room and changing back into my clothes, I didn't stop to re-orient myself, but I did reach down and 'haul' my 15kg grandson into my arms and carry him aloft out of the building and into the carpark.

It was then, that I experienced the vertigo like reaction!

The words of the old song came ringing into my ears: "It seemed like a good idea at the time"!


This 'feeling' did not leave for approximately 5 hours! Added to the 'vertigo' was a profound sense of weakness mixed with fatigue.

The whole experience was quite unpleasant. It remains to be seen if this was an isolated happening or whether it represents something that I will need to learn to tolerate / avoid / manage.

No comments: